Why Job Coaching?
Are you struggling with post-secondary employment options for yourself or your young adult child with Asperger’s Syndrome (autism spectrum disorder), Nonverbal Learning Disorder or Attention Deficit Disorder? Are you seeking to understand why your son or daughter can’t get or keep a job?
The social demands of job interviewing are intimidating for most of us, but especially nerve-wracking and confusing if you have Asperger’s Syndrome (autism spectrum disorder), Nonverbal Learning Disorder or Attention Deficit Disorder. Active listening and appropriate responses are significantly challenged and greatly impacted during the hiring process, often resulting in a negative performance.
You can increase your chances of gaining employment, sustaining retention and earning financial independence by working with a job coach. Working one on one with a job coach can help you develop appropriate skills and strategies in the workplace with the support and tools you need to obtain and remain employed.
Job Coaching includes:
- Define a realistic job or career path
- Guidance with the job search process
- Learn and practice interview skills
- Plan disclosure strategy & workplace accommodations
- Meet employer expectations
- Manage time, priorities and deadlines
- Communicate with colleagues
- Correct & handle a disciplinary action that jeopardizes employment success
1. Identify & establish work goals 2. Determine obstacles3. Learn new strategies for actionable change4. Assist with resume5. Practice interview skills6. Facilitate job search7. Collaborate with employer and employee to learn job tasks8. Reinforce appropriate interpersonal skills necessary in workplace9. Visit place of employment to maintain open communication and understanding 10. Budgeting & bill paying